Thursday 13 October 2005

I guess I should introduce myself!

Hello!

I am not even sure anyone will read this but it is perhaps a nice idea for me to get some thoughts on paper - a record of my life and that of my family!

So details - I am Mel, 37 years old and married to J. We have two children - a boy O who is four and a bit and a little girl F who is almost one. We are British (well we all have a British passport!) but we live in Toulouse in the south west of France. We have been here this time round since February 2003 and are settled here. I can't see us ever moving back to the UK - though never say never!

J works in the aeronautical industry (as most expats here seem to do in one way or another!!) and I am a SAHM. One day I would like to get back to work - what as is a different question and one I should explore in more depth another day! I used to be a lawyer but haven't done that since we left the UK back in the summer of 1996.

What do I like doing? J would probably say as little as possible and that is probably not far from the truth - not that I am lazy per se but I lack the motivation to do much - except baking and cooking in general!! I do love to read - trashy novels being the choice at the moment but I do occasionally read something that is far more intertesting and mind stretching! Though what doesn't immediately spring to mind! Travelling is another of my loves - probably part of the reason we have lived abroad for so long!

Of course my biggest love is my family! J and I have been married for 10 years - how time flies. We have our moments but in general we are very contented with the life we share. O is a sweetheart. He is such a kind and loving little boy. Currently we are having a few issues with being a bad sport but he is getting there! F is the most gorgeous contented little girl ever (not that I am at all biased). Her smile lights up a room. Now she is mobile you can really see her cheeky little personality shine through!

Ok - that will do for starters! Hopefully I will update this as much as I can - and hopefully it won't be too tedious for people to read - then again even if it is - tant pis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Book blogs: What do you read and what do you read about?
Mary Beth - 03:55 am Pacific Time - Oct 13, 2005 Mary Elizabeth Williams -- Table Talk host Our cover story today on Steve Almond's cybernemesis is as good a place to start as any.
I was blogg surfing and I found your blog. I think it is very interesting. Keep up the good work!!
If you ever think in having your own busness and quit your job witha minimal investment, visit this site real business, if you need real business this is great"