Thursday 3 November 2005

Bad bad me

Ok - not the best start to a blog is it! But I do have a very good excuse which I should have perhaps transmittee BEFORE hand! As it was half term holidays here we went away to my in-laws in Wales for 10 days. We had a wonderful (if wet) time though as always it is so very lovely to be home.

So what did we do while away!

I met up with some cyberfriends in Bristol. It was lovely to see some of them again and to meet one who I hadn't met before. F came with me (as I am still breastfeeding her) and was a little star as always! We all chatted away - at lunch the poor waitressing staff couldn't get a word in edgeways!

I did a load of retail therapy. There were somethings I wanted to get for Christmas - crackers, christmas pudding and an advent calendar for O and then i just like looking at different shops. After my disaster at finding tops here to fit me I did manage to fins NINE in the UK. Poor J had to watch while I tried on about 20 tops in different shops! I also managed to get o some long sleeved tops and F some gorgeous clothes. We went with two bags and came home with four!!

We also had F's first first birthday party. It was lovely - fairly low key with three little boys plus my two. We had a halloween chcolate egg hunt in the garden for the four boys which was a big hit. The highlight for the boys though was climbing the apple tree - typical!

So now we are back and I need really to prepare for F's other birthday party - which I am not hosting but I am helping with (does that make sense?). She was born on November 5th which is Guy Fawkes day in the UK - so it is traditional to have a bonfire and fireworks. We are holding it elsewhere as we can't have a bonfire here. It should be a lot of fun!

No comments: