Friday 4 November 2005

Feeling quite emotional

Tomorrow is F's first birthday. It didn't really hit me until last night. I was driving to ToysRUs to buy some fireworks for her party and I passed the hospital where she was born. I started to feel really weepy. I never felt like this with O - perhaps because I knew with O that we would probably (hopefully?) have a second child. Now though I know we are done. This will be my last experience of a first birthday. I also can't believe that a year has passed since she was born. Where does the time go.

I know how very lucky we are to have two such wonderful children. Both are a delight (though i could do without the temper tantrums!!). O is so very caring towards his sister. And F is just a bundle of joy - happy with a laugh that can't fail to cheer you up. I love how she snuggles into me when she is tired, how she turns to search me out and then gives me such a big and happy grin, how she squeals with delight when Daddy comes home, and how she and O interact - long may THAT continue!

No comments: